- Tour code: CL-G-177
- Available: Daily
- Duration: full day tour
- Starts/ends: On your request
- Attractions: Gubeikou
Day by Day Itinerary
About 120 kilometers from downtown Beijing, Gubeikou was an important mountain pass dates back to 16th century. With 14 beacon towers, 143 watch towers, 16 strategic pass, the majority of wall building led by noted general Xuda in 1378 during the Ming dynasty.
Divided into four parts: Wohushan, Panlongshan, Jinshanling, and?Simatai, The famous Gubeikou Great Wall stretches for more than 40 kilometers (25 miles). The solid watchtowers at Gubeikou have six archways, ten arched doors and two floors. The highest point of Gubeikou is Wangjing Tower, 986m (3235ft) above sea level.
Gubeikou is not merely a relic but it remained as a battlefield in 1930s. Chinese army fought against Japanese invasion troops at Gubeikou in 1933. 360 Chinese soldiers died and were buried at the foot of Gubeikou cemetery. No rebuilding or renovation was done since anti-Japanese invasion war.
How to Tour Gubeikou Great Wall
Commence hiking from Gubeikou Town. Ascending the Great Wall requires a lot of energy. The road is narrow and uneven and hence extra care is needed.
The old Wohushan Section on the steep ridges of the mountain lies on the west and where the Sister Towers are. The end of the Wohushna section lies further on and one have to return the same way as the winding route disallow anyone to go any further due to the steep slope.
Panlongshan, on the other hand, lies on the east. The magnificent General Tower is about 2 hours away and the 24-window Tower lies along the way. Continue eastwards to the Jinshanling Section. But there is a closed military zone in between, so you need to make a detour.
After hiking, you can visit the town itself for there are a number of scenic spots like the King of Medicine Temple, the God of Wealth Temple, and the Memorial Hall of Defense of the Great Wall.
1. English-speaking tour guide service fee
2. Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
3. Gas, toll & parking lot fees
4. Delicious lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
5. All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
Excluded (Not Included)
1. ?Chinese visa
3. Return cable car on the Great Wall
5. Gratuity to the guide and driver
6. Personal Costs
Discounts for children in China are based on height! Pls let us know your children's height so we can caculate accordingly!
1. The quoted price is for a 8-9 hour tour per day.?If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.2. Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY ?for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY ?for the driver.
3. Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
4. For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals, away from tourists. If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!
5. We conduct only private tour but not group tour and won’t mix you with others.
6. Our tours are complete non-forced shopping tour and we won’t take you to any factories without request to waste your valuable time.