- Tour code: CL-D-04C
- Available: Daily
- Duration: Beijing Four Full Days
- Starts/ends: On your request
- Attractions: The Great Wall at Mutianyu, Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Olympic Stadiums, Summer Palace; Lama Temple, Family Dumpling Cooking Class
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Tian'anmen Square-Forbidden City-Hutong-Lama Temple
Pick up at the lobby of the hotel (8:30am to 9:00am)
Visit Tiananmen Square, the world’s largest public square. Explore the sites around the square with opportunities to take some amazing pictures.
Next, the magnificent Forbidden City, the largest Imperial Palace in the world. We’ll spend a couple of hours wandering around this amazing example of Imperial architecture and learning about the history of the palace.
Dine in a Chinese local restaurant
After lunch, drive to the hutong (old residential area). Walk around old Beijing hutong nearby Shichahai Lake, Hutong is a Mongolian word meaning water well. At nine meters (about 30 feet) wide, it is the name given to a lane or small street that originated during the Yuan Dynasty (1271–1368). Now they have become representatives of local culture, thus it is the first choice for people who would like to learn about the local history and culture.
After a 30 minute drive, we will arrive at the Lama Temple-the largest and most well-preserved Tibetan Buddhist Temple in Beijing.
Day 2: Mutianyu Great Wall-Outside view of the Olympic Stadiums
Pick up at your hotel (8:30am to 9:00am)
Mutianyu Great Wall (1.5 to 2 hours drive)
This is a one of the most famous and ideal sections of the Great Wall. You will have your choice of taking the cable car or chair lift up the breathtaking wall and spend a leisurely 1 to 2 hours hiking up and down the various sections exploring the Watch Towers and marveling at the construction and beauty of the renown and legendary Wall. You then have the option of an exhilarating toboggan ride back down or simply return the way you came.
Included is lunch at a local restaurant where you can enjoy authentic and delicious Chinese dishes (vegetarian and meat)
After about 1 1/2 drive from the Great Wall to the city, we will drive to the Olympic Stadiums and you will have a stop and have a visit the outside view of the unique architecture of the "Bird Nest" and "Water Cube", you can take some pictures there.
Day 3: Private 5-hour Tour for Family Dumpling Cooking Class?
Your private driver will meet you in your hotel lobby in the morning at 8:30am. Prior to visiting the local family, your guide or hostess will show you around the local wet market nearby.
Upon arrival to the local family home, you will start preparing your own dumpling meal plus 2 local dishes (Kung Pao Chicken and Sour Sweet Pork. or scrambled egg with tomato; Sauted soy sauce cabbage or green bean pork ). Please make your favorite choice upon booking, and you must advise if you have any food allergies or special food requests in advance.
Menu: Dumpling making and 2 dishes
During this fun local family visit, you also have an opportunity to speak to their kids in English, Chinese or even by body language!
This surely is a great cultural dining experience as part of your stay in Beijing.
After your tour is finished, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Day 4: Temple of Heaven-Pearl Market-Summer Palace
Pick up at the lobby of the hotel (8:30am to 9:00am)
Temple of Heaven, the largest Imperial place of worship from ancient times. This special place becomes a park where the local community utilize this beautiful and enormous space for social activities such as singing, dancing, and Taiji practice.
Pearl Market where you can find those fun knock-off brand bags, shoes, and watches as well as pearls. There is a little bit of everything here, and you will surely find some great souvenirs to bring home to family and friends.
We will then enjoy a delicious lunch of great dumplings or Chinese dishes with rice at the local restaurant.
We then take a 20 minute drive to the Summer Palace, a summer resort for Imperial Family Members~considered the best preserved Imperial Park.
Summer Palace situated in the Haidian District northwest of Beijing, is the largest and most well-preserved royal park in China, it greatly influences Chinese horticulture and landscape with its famous natural views and cultural interests, which also has long been recognized as 'The Museum of Royal Gardens'.
You may choose to include the deliciously famous Peking Roast Duck Dinner and the Gongfu Performance at the Red Theatre, or enjoy the Acrobatic Show at Chaoyang Theatre. (Please check the timetable at the part? “Night Life in Beijing”. Please notify us if would like to take advantage of this special, exciting addition.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
- Round Trip cable car or chair lift up and toboggan down the wall?(If you want to choose the cable car up and toboggan down the wall then you have to cover the price difference as the cable car and toboggan belong to two different companies which will change more than just buy the round trip from one company)
Excluded (Not Included)
- Chinese visa
- Entrance tickets to the Bird's Nest & Water Cube
- Gratuity to the guide and driver (for good service)
- Guide service for the family class tour?
Discounts for children in China are based on height! Pls let us know your children's height so we can caculate accordingly!
- The quoted price is for a 8 hour tour per day.?If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.
- Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY for the driver.
- Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
- ?For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals with great dishes.?If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant or order dishes more than our budget then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!
- We conduct only private tour but not group tour and won't mix you with others
- Out tours are complete non-forced shopping tour and we won't take you to any factories without request to waste your valuable time