Do we need a Chinese visa ?

When and how to Apply for a Tourist Visa

If you stay in China for more than 72 hours, you should apply a visa to enter China, we can also provide invitation letter for your visa application, pls let us know everyone’s full name, birth date, passport expire dates and travel dates cities in China.

The single-entry tourist visa normally has a validity period of three months so it’s best to apply for a China tourist visa 30 to 60 days before your intended date of entry. If you apply too far in advance, the visa may expire.

Unless you are traveling as part of a group, you will need to arrange your own visa. You normally need one photograph, a completed application form for each person, and a bank check or credit card. Fedex or another courier can handle the transfer and return. Search on the internet for the Chinese embassy or consulate nearest to you. You can also apply for Chinese visas outside of your home country, just make sure that you fulfill the application requirements.

Some countries have visa agents but this adds substantially to the cost. If you can go straight to the embassy/consulate it will be cheaper.

Visa applications are normally processed within three to four working days but you can choose to pay an extra amount to rush it. If you go to the visa office you may be able to get a visa on the same day for a fee.

When applying for China tourist visas, the procedures, requirements, issue time, and fee may vary from country to country. Details and application forms can be found on the website of the Chinese embassy in your country.

Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months at the time of arrival in China.

72-hour visa-free entry

If you’re going to stay in China less 72 hours and meet with the following conditions?then you don’t need apply for Chinese visa .

Travelers passing through Beijing Capital Airport, Shanghai Pudong and Hongqiao Airports, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shenyang, Dalian, Harbin, Xian, Guilin, Kunming, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Tianjin, Qingdao, Nanjing, Changsha, and Xiamen for less than 72 hours may be eligible for visa-free entry (check below if your nationality is on the list). If you are in possession of a valid third country visa and confirmed onward plane ticket, you may apply for a transit without visa permit (TWOV) at the port of entry.

This will allow you to enter China without a visa for up to 72 hours. Your 72 hours will be counted from the moment you receive your TWOV permit at the Exit and Entry Administration desk at each of the above-mentioned airports.

This 72-hour permit only allows you to remain in the city you entered through (for example, if you fly into Shanghai Pudong or Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, you are not allowed to leave the city of Shanghai).

List of countries eligible for the 72-hour visa-free transit program:

Schengen Agreement countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland

Other European countries: Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia (FYROM), and Albania

The Americas: Canada, United States, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Chile.

Asia: Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.

Oceania: Australia and New Zealand

For more details, please check with your local Chinese Consulate or Embassy.