- Tour code: CL-D-04D
- Available: Daily
- Duration: Beijing Four Full Days
- Starts/ends: On your request
- Attractions: The Great Wall at Simatai, Gubei Water Town, Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Olympic Stadiums, Summer Palace; Lama Temple, Jingshan Park, Beihai Park, Beijing Zoo (Panda House)
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Tian'anmen Square-Forbidden City-Hutong-Lama Temple
Pick up at the lobby of the hotel (8:30am to 9:00am)
Visit Tiananmen Square, the world’s largest public square. Explore the sites around the square with opportunities to take some amazing pictures.
Next, the magnificent Forbidden City, the largest Imperial Palace in the world. We’ll spend a couple of hours wandering around this amazing example of Imperial architecture and learning about the history of the palace.
Dine in a Chinese local restaurant
After lunch, drive to the Hutong (old residential area). Walk around old Beijing hutong nearby Shichahai Lake, Hutong is a Mongolian word meaning water well. At nine meters (about 30 feet) wide, it is the name given to a lane or small street that originated during the Yuan Dynasty (1271–1368). Now they have become representatives of local culture, thus it is the first choice for people who would like to learn about the local history and culture.
After a 30 minute drive, we will arrive at the Lama Temple-the largest and most well-preserved Tibetan Buddhist Temple in Beijing.
Day 2: Simatai Great Wall-Gubei Water Town?
Pick up at your hotel (8:00am to 10:00am), drive to Simatai Great Wall Wall
Simatai section Great Wall is one of the few sections to retain the original appearance of the Great Wall, which was built in the Ming Dynasty, known as the "dangerous, extraordinary and special.
It displays various patterns of construction. You can not only view the conventional appearance of the Great Wall, with battlements on each side of the track, but also see on steep cliffs the half-wall style, with battlements built only on the outer side. The slope and width also change dramatically depending on the different terrain. Some segments along the gentle slopes are so wide and mild that even horses can walk on them. At other narrow points, only one person at a time is able to pass.
Please note: it is the general time listed above, there are some unforeseen issues such as weather or traffic, we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions, hope you can understand
Gubei Water Town, it is a nice place to worth spending a couple of hours outskirt of Beijing, which covers an area of 9 square kilometers, preserved a total of 430 thousand square meters ancient architectures built in Ming, Qing Dynasty and the period of the Republic. It was a historic military border village, the garrison soldiers with their generation during the past dynasties thrived here then forming a small village of the rich flavor of life.
Day 3: Temple of Heaven-Pearl Market-Summer Palace
Pick up at the lobby of the hotel (8:30am to 9:00am)
Temple of Heaven, the largest Imperial place of worship from ancient times. This special place becomes a park where the local community utilize this beautiful and enormous space for social activities such as singing, dancing, and Taiji practice.
Pearl Market where you can find those fun knock-off brand bags, shoes, and watches as well as pearls.? There is a little bit of everything here, and you will surely find some great souvenirs to bring home to family and friends.
We will then enjoy a delicious lunch of great dumplings or Chinese dishes with rice at the local restaurant.
We then take a 20 minute drive to the Summer Palace, a summer resort for Imperial Family Members~considered the best preserved Imperial Park.
Summer Palace situated in the Haidian District northwest of Beijing, is the largest and most well-preserved royal park in China, it greatly influences Chinese horticulture and landscape with its famous natural views and cultural interests, which also has long been recognized as 'The Museum of Royal Gardens'.
Day 4: Jingshan Park-Beihai Park-National Museum-Beijing Zoo (Panda House)-Panjiayuan Dirt Market
Pick up at the lobby of the hotel (8:00am to 8:30am)
Beijing Zoo is home to around 450 different species and has a population of some 5,000 animals. Some of the most popular attractions among visitors are the wild rare animals of China itself, such as the giant pandas, golden monkeys, milu deer and northeast tigers. However, the collection is far from restricted to those species found only in China; the polar bears, American bison, zebras, kangaroos, giraffes and elephants also draw large crowds.
Panjiayuan Dirt Market (outdoor weekend market)-Originally a flea market, it is now Beijing's most famous antique market! The market is specially animated on weekends whe the permanent stalls and shops are joined by vendors setting out their wares on the ground.
Jingshan Park-Here we climb to the top pavilion to get a fabulous panoramic view of city Beijing
Beihai Park-This is considered one of the oldest and best-preserved imperial garden in the downtown area. We will leisurely stroll the gardens with plenty of photo opportunities.
You may choose to include the deliciously famous Peking Roast Duck Dinner and the Gongfu Performance at the Red Theatre, or enjoy the Acrobatic Show at Chaoyang Theatre. (Please check the timetable at the part? “Night Life in Beijing”. Please notify us if would like to take advantage of this special, exciting addition.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
- Round Trip cable car on Simatai Great Wall
Excluded (Not Included)
- Chinese visa
- Entrance tickets to the Bird's Nest & Water Cube
- Gratuity to the guide and driver (for good service)
- Personal Costs
Discounts for children in China are based on height! Pls let us know your children's height so we can caculate accordingly!
- The quoted price is for a 8 hour tour per day.?If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.
- Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY for the driver.
- Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
- For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals with great dishes.?If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant or order dishes more than our budget then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!
- We conduct only private tour but not group tour and won't mix you with others
- Out tours are complete non-forced shopping tour and we won't take you to any factories without request to waste your valuable time